Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Love Education

I love education because I really consider learning to be one of life's greatest adventures! For instance, this summer I watched Planet Earth and it humbled me to realize how much there is around me that I don't know or understand. But it didn't discourage me; it just helped motivate me to search for more answers to all the new questions I began to have.
That is what education is about. It's about finding new knowledge so you can have a better understanding of your world. It's about developing a curious mind that demands to grow.
Moreover, I have found that most of the things I fear in life are the things that I don't know or understand. Education helps me to have more confidence and love for everything and everyone around me. Learning brings me peace.
I have a passion for learning and that is why I want to be a teacher. Not because I have a list of goals or standards that I want to check off as I teach, but because I want to inspire a curiosity that will continue beyond my classroom. I hope to show my children some of the wonders that can be found, in hope that when they leave, they too will always hunger to search for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment